"Splatter your friends with blood... one more On-Line gaming services than ever before (that is)!"
BloodBath is the name for the multiplayer mode in both Blood and Blood II: The Chosen, conventionally called "Deathmatch". The developers changed the name to better reflect the game's title. The goal of this mode is to kill each player while avoiding death yourself. Play takes place on a closed map with various power-ups, weapons, and strategic cover. Multiplayers connect through either a serial connection or a LAN server.
In Blood, each player assumes the role of Caleb (wearing different colour pants to differentiate between players), but in Blood II the player can choose one of the four Chosen to control. It also allowed character customizations, allowing the player to increase ammo capacity, Focus, speed, etc. The Nightmare Levels added enemy models as options. It also added new modes such as "Zombie Head Soccer".
Another unique feature of BloodBath is The VoiceTM. It has the same voice (and voice actor) as Tchernobog and serves as the announcer for BloodBath. Each time a player dies, The Voice announces it with a descriptive verb, such as "annihilated", or "sterilized". A list of quotes can be found here.
The fan-made remake of Blood titled as Transfusion has a working BloodBath mode. Transfusion comes with a Caleb character model but also allows you to download others online. The game can also support computer-controlled opponents called "Frikbots".
Bloodbath Maps in Blood
- BB1: The Stronghold
- BB2: Winter Wonderland
- BB3: Bodies
- BB4: The Tower
- BB5: Click!
- BB6: Twin Fortress
- BB7: Midgard
- BB8: Fun With Heads
- CPBB1: Crypt of Despair (Cryptic Passage)
- CPBB2: Pits of Blood (Cryptic Passage)
- CPBB3: Unholy Cathedral (Cryptic Passage)
- CPBB4: Deadly Inspirations (Cryptic Passage)
- DM1: Monolith Building 11 (Plasma Pak)
- DM2: Power! (Plasma Pak)
- DM3: Area 15 (Plasma Pak)
- Dosbox Bloodbath HOW-TO on the Monolith Forums
- Blood cooperative game on YouTube
- Blood capture the flag BloodBath on YouTube
- Jesters from Hell clan page
- Monolith Blood - Project Multiplayers (on four old computers)
- Monolith Blood 1997 multiplayer
- Monolith Blood E1M1 Bloodbath
- Monolith Blood II: 1 on 1 Bloodbath - map: Bloodkeep
- Blood, playing bloodbath on bludbang.map
- Otro Partido de Blood Multiplayer
- Monolith Blood: BLFrenzy.map usermap (5-way Bloodbath) - Part 1, Part 2
- Monolith Blood: Maligned vs MARK-13 - Bjudas23.map - Part 1, Part 2
- Blood - Teams multiplayer (1-3), (2-3), (3-3)