Many have asked for Monolith Productions, the original developers of the series, over the years to create the game and there has been some recorded hints of interest from within the company at various points; however no real advancement has ever been shown. Monolith stated in the spring of 2007 that "Monolith currently has no plans to revive the Blood franchise, but you never know what could happen in the future!" Some major factors that have prohibited a Blood III are the mainstream commercial failure of Blood II: The Chosen and that the Blood series intellectual property became owned by Atari and not Monolith Productions, thus making the game a potential legal problem.
The Blood community continues to keep the idea of a Blood III alive and continually debate its possibilities or what they would wish it to be like. It is also not uncommon on Blood community forums to hear rumours about a new sequel to Blood or any sort of modern official Blood project. There is a Steam Group created to help promote the concept of a Blood III, using the picture above ("We Want Blood III"), called "We Want Blood III!".
Plot-wise, many think that Blood III would likely follow along the common hints of the Blood II: The Chosen backstory about Caleb and the Chosen's wish for world conquest, possibly by taking control of the Cabal and Caleb officially ascending as the seventeenth incarnation of Tchernobog, or maybe even by the Chosen creating their own army. If made by Monolith, it would presumably be done using a more modern version of LithTech, such as "Juptier EX", and as such would resemble the F.E.A.R. series technologically.
 Sequel Attempts
- A potential expansion pack for Blood II entitled Blood II: Revelations was under production by Tequila Software which would have served as a sequel of sorts, although it was sadly never completed.
- Apparently there was once a project called Blood 3: Reborn by Arch Game Studios that was trying to make sequel to Blood II, but it was shut down because of criticism and pressure from Monolith Productions.
- A project was started by a Bloodite known as Caleb88 to create a new sequel to Blood II called Blood: The Reckoning, releasing several technology demonstrations and promotional art images in early 2012.
 Fan Works
Some people have also suggested making a fan made sequel to Blood II: The Chosen (particularly noting the idea of a game "made by the fans for the fans"), however no such project has achieved any great accomplishment.
Some fan works are set after the events of Blood II: The Chosen such as the fan comic Tales of Blood: Everyday Life, the fan fiction pieces The Chosen in the Haunted Mansion, How Much Time Has Passed, and The Chosen Versus the Mad Scientists. The fan fiction More Blood in the Arena Eternal and the fan comic Caleb versus Lobo have also been suggested as being set after Blood II: The Chosen. There are also some fan artwork, made by Dark Caleb and +DeaD+ that show a desire to promote the idea of a Blood III (see accompanying picture). At this time, no released fan games have been made set after the events of Blood II.
 External Links
- Planet Blood Users on Blood III
- Planet Blood Users on Blood III Features
- Planet Blood Users on Blood III BloodBathing
- Thread on the Monolith Forums
- Influences and Ideas for a BLOOD 3 - Transfusion Forums
- Blood 3: Reborn thread on the Russian Blood Community Forums (Russian)
- Blood 3: Reborn thread on the Russian Blood Community Forums (Translated)
- We Want Blood III! Steam Group
- Missing in Action: Sequels We'd Love to See