E4M1: Butchery Loves Company
Episode 4: Dead Reckoning
Butchery Loves Company (E4M1) is the first level of the fourth episode in Blood. It resembles a mad scientist's laboratory in a mountain.
Song Track: 9 - Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (CD-Audio), cblood4 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||22|
|Number of Secrets|
"Drop down (note the Skull key door to your right), go up the stairs behind you, and through the door. Run up the steps, grab the Skull key, retrace your steps, and go through the Skull key door. Go up the steps, and follow the hall to the second passage on your right. Go up the steps, across the wooden bridge, open the door under the "Brain Storage" sign, and grab the Eye key. Make your way back to the hall, turn right, and follow the hall around the corner to the Eye key door. Walk through the electrical beams to your left, and follow the hallway to the room at the end. Across from the third cage is a metal door. Go through it, and push the symbol to end the level."
- Axe Zombie
- Bloated Butcher
- Gill Beast (caged)
- Hell Hound
- Innocent (caged)
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Dynamite Bundle
- Proximity Detonator
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Tesla Cannon
- Life Leech
- Voodoo Doll
- From the starting point, go upstairs (where the key is). Press the bookshelf. Reward: Body Armour
- Walk down the stairway from where the previous secret is. Between two Jacob's Ladders (the electric rabbit ears), a niche opens up. If it closes before you can get to it, walk on the stairway again. Reward: Doctor's Bag
- Beside the stairs and the room marked "Brain Storage", there is a wall panel marked with a bloody hand print. Press the wall to its right to reveal a secret passage. Reward: Voodoo Doll
- Before you get to the door marked "Brain Storage", you will hear a creaking. Look down from the edge. A niche is open in the wooden support pillar (you may have to do this several times to get the timing right, like the second secret). Reward: Cloak Of Invisibility
- In the great hall with a dining table, there's a face near the ceiling. This is a shootable button. The lift in the next corridor will take you down to the secret. Reward: Life Leech, Trapped Soul
See also: References in Blood
- The Blood Team released Weekly Blood Development Updates on the 3D Realms website, and said this about this level:
- Update: 08/02/96: Jay built the "Dark Laboratory" and put it into limited playtest (3 net players). With the synchronized lightning and sound effects it feels like Frankenstein's lab. The stacked sectors made this BloodBath level feel much bigger than it really is.
- Update: 08/09/96: More internal BloodBath testing on Dark Lab and House of Horror.