E4M8: The Hall of the Epiphany
Episode 4: Dead Reckoning
Caleb's entire mission is based on getting back to this area, to find out the reason for his banishment. How this area is accessed is unknown, but in the game, Caleb finds a passageway under a temple that leads to an organic area mapped out like a body.
In the cutscene before this level, Caleb learns that Tchernobog cast him down because he knew Caleb would return. And each life he took on the journey back would make him that much stronger. Tchernobog wanted to use this strength to cast open the doors between worlds and send his armies onto the earth.
Like all boss levels in Blood, there are no official enemy counts or secrets.
 WalkthroughYouTube Video of Hall of the Epiphany cut-scene
Caleb arrives at the steps to the great temple, as lightning and thunder resound in the red, stewing skies. Tchernobog's voice booms from the hall.
TCHERNOBOG: I have awaited you.
CALEB: Why did you cast us down? How did we fail you?
TCHERNOBOG: You were always loyal to me. You, most of all, my child.
CALEB: Then why?
TCHERNOBOG: Because I knew you would return. Can you not see? Every life you have taken has made you stronger. And you have returned to me with a greater sacrifice than I ever could have wished. With the power you bring I shall throw open the door between the worlds and inherit the earth.
CALEB: Hmm... is that so?
TCHERNOBOG: Come to me, my son. Let us embrace at last.
CALEB: Fool, you are already dead!
Gather the items surrounding the outer foyer, then enter the hall. Hit the large Tchernobog symbol to open the first door (electric tendrils over it will indicate you have opened it). A Stone Gargoyle (possibly the reincarnation of Cheogh) comes out, and must be defeated in order to open the second door. Next is a mother spider (possibly the reincarnation of Shial), the third reveals the inner hall, and a Cerberus. It also allows passage to the throne room (Cerberus need not be defeated to access this. Hit the pillar. Lightning will strike as the pillar slowly descends. The thrown shifts back, revealing Tchernobog. Your last task is to defeat him, and the ending cut-scene will play.
CALEB: Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun!
Caleb breathes deep as he stands over the fallen body of Tchernobog. Blue tendrils dance over his body as a powerful humming grows louder and louder. Finally, Tchernobog disappears in a flash of light, leaving a bare floor. A gaunt man with red eyes and brown shorts (possibly a cultist, a civilian, a prisoner, or someone else) enters the hall, waving his arms and saying:
MAN: Delivered us from evil, for thine is the kingdom-
Caleb raises the Tommy Gun he had been leaning on and fires several rounds into the man's chest. He falls down dead into a pool of blood as Caleb turns and strolls out of the Hall of the Epiphany.
 Enemies Present
 Weapons Available
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Tesla Cannon
- Voodoo Doll
There are no official secrets for this level. However, above the throne is a button. Shoot it to reveal a side panel to the right. There is a Guns akimbo power-up there.
 Fun Stuff
See also: References in Blood
- Caleb's final line "Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun." is a reference to Army of Darkness.
- This level is the setting of the fan fiction piece End to Blood.
- This level is the setting of part of the fan movie Duke versus Caleb.
- This level was recreated as a Q3 BloodBath map.
- Caleb's journey to this level is the subject of the fan fiction Beware of Those That Have Nothing to Lose.
- The fan fiction pieces Deadwood, The Sin of Saints and Cult of Blood are all partially set in past incarnations of this location.
- The Blood team released "Weekly Blood Development Updates" on the 3D Realms website, and said this about this level:
- Update: 08/30/96: Nick came up with a great concept for Tchernobog's lair that opened up all sorts of sinister possibilities and led to a stronger, creepier backstory. (BTW, compared to Tchernobog, Shub-Niggurath is a lazy slug.)
- Note: Shub-Niggurath is the final boss of the id Software game Quake. She is immobile and does not attack the player in any way.