"I do remember that it was fun for me to come up with my singing adlibs; they were not in the scripts. Computer geeks and gamers aren't performers; don't come from that background, so I had to supply the icing on the cake. Perhaps, because Caleb is so different from other game characters, that's the reason why, even now after 10 years or so, I still get lovely comments about my creation from all over the world."
Stephan Weyte (sometimes misspelled as "Stefan" or "Stephen") is a voice actor for computer games, most importantly Caleb in both Blood and its sequel Blood II: The Chosen; he has also been attributed as the voice of the robed cultists. He specializes in humorous voices and accents.
His other notable roles include starring in a variety of Humongous Entertainment children's games, such as the Pajama Sam and Freddi Fish series (somewhat ironic given the character of Caleb). During the late 1990s he was very much involved with Monolith Productions, voicing the previously mentioned roles in the Blood series and also voicing in Claw and Get Medieval (as well as the Monolith published Gorky 17, otherwise known as Odium). He has also voiced in a variety of other games, a good deal of which were published by Sierra Online. Another well known role of his was Greil/Narrator in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
Stephan Weyte played Jack Stern in the 2004 film Mixing Karma.
He now runs a personal website entitled "Stephan Weyte - The Magical Wonderful Prince of Stories" where he mentions that "one of my more notorious characters is the sarcastic, singing “Caleb” in Blood 1 and 2" and that "whether for peppy little cartoon characters, diabolical gaming villains, or smooth and enticing announcers, my voice can tell your story."
"I've been asked many times from folks all over the globe about a Blood III. I tell them, "talent" is on the lowest rung of corporate importance. Bug them at http://www.lith.com I have 'nuttin ta do wid it,' unfortunately, and if there ever is a Blood III, since now the head honchos are in L.A. I think; *I wouldn't put it past them to hire another voice for the part. They don't care. And yes, my ass would be sued and put in a sling if I did any Caleb off the reservation. Pretty stupid as the games were put out over ten years ago and if they're not going to do another, what's the big deal?"
Stephan Weyte has voiced for these video games:
- Torin's Passage (1995), Sierra On-Line.
- Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside (1996), Humongous Entertainment.
- RAMA (1996), Sierra On-Line.
- Betrayal in Antara (1997), Sierra On-Line.
- Blood (1997), Monolith Productions.
- Blood - Plasma Pak (1997), Monolith Productions.
- Claw (1997), Monolith Productions.
- Blood II: The Chosen (1998), Monolith Productions.
- Get Medieval (1998), Monolith Productions.
- Police Quest: SWAT 2 (1998), Sierra On-Line.
- Starsiege (1998), Dynamix.
- Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell (1998), Humongous Entertainment.
- Blood II: The Chosen - The Nightmare Levels (1999), Monolith Productions.
- Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat From Your Head To Your Feet (2001), Humongous Entertainment.
- Gorky 17 (1999), TopWare Interactive.
- Total Annihilation: Kingdoms (1999),Cavedog Entertainment.
- Haunted Childhood (2003), InFluid Software.
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (2005), Intelligent Systems.
- Metroid: Other M (2010) Nintendo of America Inc.
- Stephan Weyte on Wikipedia
- Stephan Weyte - The Magical Wonderful Prince of Stories
- Stephan Weyte on Voice123
- Stephan Weyte on IMDb
- Stephan Weyte on MobyGames
- Stephan Weyte Biography from Crudux Cruo
- Having some fun doing the "caleb/stephan weyte" voice - Tekedon imitation
- Caleb (One Unit Whole Blood) - Original Voice - DukeNukem2417 imitation