Difference between revisions of "DWE3M2: The Room"
(Created page with "<div class="toccolours" style="float: right; margin-right: 1em; width: 300px;"> '''Episode 3: War is Hell''' ---- *'''DWE3M1: Whisper Peak''' *'''DWE3M2: The Room'...")
Latest revision as of 12:09, 27 June 2019
Episode 3: War is Hell
The Room (DWE3M2) is the second level of the third episode of the add-on Death Wish, consider as the last episode in the whole game. It features the apartment from E1M7, then has the player transported to a subway area, back and forth.
Song Track: 8 - Fate of the Damned (CD-Audio), cblood10 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||60|
|Number of Secrets|
|8 + 1 Super Secret|
"You will start in the apartment, which resembles a living unit from Urban Decay. Go to the front door. Shortly afterward the bathroom door will open up. You will find a hole in the wall. Climb in and you will be transported to subway world. Go left and get inside the ticket booth to open the terminal gate. Now you can get on the track. Do not travel down that track into the darkness to the right or a train going the wrong way will run you down. If you head left you will see a Skull Key. Quickly grab it and run into the nearby alcove before you get crushed. Open the Skull Door down where the Zombies rise up next to the track. Descend the stairs past the Skull Door, go under the tracks, and up the elevator. Straight ahead through the door you will see a Shotgun. Grab it and kill the Acolyte. Get the Eye Key near the gates at the other side of the subway hall, all the way across both sets of tracks. Head back to where you killed the Hell Hound on the upper walkway, go to the ticket booth at end, and use the Eye Switch to open the sliding gate around the corner. The gate that moves will release a Hell Hound. Past the Hell Hound is a supply closet with a hole leading back to the apartment.
This time you will have to attack 3 shadow-like ghosts in the apartment to open up the bathroom. There is one on the couch, one in the kitchen, and one in the bedroom closet. . Once the ghosts are gone, go into the bathroom and return through the (now much larger) hole back to subway world. Walk in the rain over to the stairs. Go up and grab the Dagger Key, which will open the gate ahead. Go back to the far side of the big terminal (where you got the Eye Key) and enter the gateway. Go through the Dagger Door straight ahead and turn left. The ghost nearby is going to transform into some Gill Beasts. Touch the wooden box under the flickering light and turn around. You will see a portal with green rings open up. Go through the green portal and you will arrive in the final, twisted version of the apartment, which you can finally leave through the front door. Watch out for the Zombies just outside the door to the left, then head right towards the door on the floating platform. Enter into the white light to end the mission."
- Flare Gun (random drop)
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Dynamite Bundle
- Proximity Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Life Leech
- On the other side (far opposite along the track) of the Skull key is a rail-block, press the switch right behind the block to raise the first pillar on the left. Reward: Life Leech
- At the nearby alcove (beyond the Skull Door) where you have to go to avoid the train, hop off the head of a Zombie or a Rat to reach a small ledge. Then move forword along the ledge into a cave. Reward: Cloak of Invisibility
- To the right of the entrance to the upper level of the main subway hall, on the right is a metal panel with flecks of green on it. Press it to reveal a secret passage. Reward: Life Seed
- Jump through a giant blue SLOTH poster on the left after you enter the upper level of the main subway hall. Reward: Box of Flares, Remote Detonators x6, Basic Armour, Shells x16 (4 intervals)
- You'll pick up a tome labelled "One of the phone booth is broken". That means while you are there, head down to the furthest phone booth and use it. A secret passage will open up Reward: Body Armour
- After your second return to the apartment to attack 3 shadows, push the bookshelf next to the bed Reward: Trapped Soul, Dynamite Bundles x4, Shells x16 (4 intervals)
- Press on the big poster to the left of the Dagger Key (remember to take care of Gill Beasts behind the gate first). Reward: Box of Flares, Beastvision
- To the left of the ghosts (already transform into some Gill Beasts) and the wooden chest is a broken elevator. Try to make it past the door without getting crushed. Reward: Napalm Launcher
- SUPER-SECRET - In the same area with the third secret metioned above, you will see 3 gated pillars labeled �DANGER�. Break the grate furthest to the left and jump into the opening. This is a tricky jump you may want to save your progress. You won�t have to make the jump back � there is a switch near the pillar entrance that will raise the floor up. Reward: Reflective Shots, Doctor's Bag, Jump Boots, Gasoline Can x2