Difference between revisions of "DWE3M7: Last Rites"
(Created page with "<div class="toccolours" style="float: right; margin-right: 1em; width: 300px;"> '''Episode 3: War is Hell''' ---- *'''DWE3M1: Whisper Peak''' *'''DWE3M2: The Room'...")
Revision as of 07:14, 4 August 2019
Episode 3: War is Hell
Last Rites (DWE3M7) is the seventh level of the third episode of the add-on Death Wish, known as episode 9. It features a return to the Hall of the Epiphany in the main campaign (E4M8), only now fully armed.
Song Track: 3 - Unholy Voices (CD-Audio), UNHOLY (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||TBD|
|Number of Secrets|
Grab the Tommy Gun and beware the lightning that will strike a nearby tree. Ahead, the path splits 2 ways. Straight ahead you should be able to see a Napalm Launcher, but it is better to head left for now. Steps will lead to an open area with a small water pool which contains a Life Essence should you require one. By the time you reach the pool of water there will be Cultists coming from the right and the left. Before the ones from the right can reach you, fire at the TNT Barrels placed by the wall � the resulting explosion should kill several (if not all) of them if they�re close. Walk to the area where the Cultists from the right appeared, out near a walkway where you get a view of the clouds far below. Kill the Acolytes and grab the Napalm Launcher. Head back where you came from and go past the water pool to the top of the stairs. Get the Skull Key by the Fanatics. Return to the gate in front of the water pool. Open it. When you do, Tchernobog will laugh and explode, spawning Zombies. Behind him is the Hall Gateway. Kill the Zombies the head left around the corner. There are many enemies down this corridor, so be careful. Acolytes are positioned on high ground here, making them more dangerous than usual. You may need to duck down below the fallen pillar for cover. When the area is clear go up to the little building with the bright red floor. Go into the cave area, following the red floor until you come to a Wooden Chest. When you pick it up, the Hall Gate will open.
Beyond the gate is the Hall Path, with the Hall Foyer seated at the top of the stairs. When you walk down the path, Priest#1 (red-colored Cultist) will appear. When they lose all their health they will transform into Beasts. Use the Guns Akimbo item combined with Shotgun Blasts (alt fire) to push the Beast away from you, then use Tesla Cannon shots while it�s far away. You can also knock the Beast off the side of the cliff for an instant kill. When the Beast dies the entrance to the Hall Foyer will open, releasing a slew of baddies. Wipe them out and carefully enter the building, as there are probably a few that did not make it outside, go inside the foyer. Approach the foyer throne. Hit the false end-switch and some Butchers will be released along with a Mother Spider. Take out the Butchers first with explosives and then take on the Mother Spider. When she dies you will be able to progress past the Foyer to the Hall of Epiphany. After a confrontation with Tchernobog you will need to enter the Hall of Epiphany and go to the throne room on the far end to get the Eye Key. Priest#2 is in this room but will die from the explosions if you run in, so do NOT try to hurt the Priest from afar � after transforming into a Beast, the explosions will not be fatal. Take the Eye Key and return to the boat at the beginning of the mission. Priest#3 and a few other obstacles will be in your way. If you get in the boat and face where the lightning struck at the beginning of the mission, the Eye Door will be on your right. When you open the Eye Door, Priest#4 will come after you. Past the Priest you will see a platform with a ladder next to it. Jump up there to get the Moon Key then return to the throne room in the Hall of Epiphany (where the explosions killed Priest#2). Use the key to lower the pillar in the center of the room, which will open the passage to the final mission.
- From the starting point, hop in the water and take a swim to the sandy floor. There is an opening at the bottom of the nearby structure to your left (you can find this area later after you revealed the fourth secret, but watch out for Bone Eel and Gill Beasts). Reward: Body Armour
- In the area where you get a view of the clouds far below and the Cultists might get blown away by some TNT barrels you saw at the beginning, there is a stone face placed high on the wall out here to your left. Shoot it and a secret vault will be revealed. Reward: Reflective Shots
- From where you get the Skull key, turn around. There will be some rocks you can climb on overlooking the water and the boat. Jump from there to the rock ledge by the metal fence. Run along the fence around to the other side. When you run out of room, you should be able to see a small opening nearby in the rock wall when you face the water gate. Jump to this opening (this can be tricky) and enter the cave. Reward: Medicine Pouch, Voodoo Doll
- Walk around the left corner of the little buliding (which will lead you into a cave with Wooden Chest) and press a tiny face switch attached to the side of the building just behind you to open a stone panel. Reward: Super Armour
- Inside the Hall Foyer (after you kill a Beast and some cultists), there are 6 stone slabs with skulls on them. Press the center slab on the left (when facing the Foyer Throne with the false-end Tchernobog symbol) to lower it down. Reward: Body Armour, Beastvision
- If you look past the fire on the left side of the Foyer Throne mentioned above you will see a stone engraving. These can be destroyed with an explosive, allowing you to access a hidden passage. Reward: Doctor's Bag
- On your walk back, before reentering the Foyer, look left. Climb up the pink rocks and move along the wall. Then press a golden face switch on your right. Reward: Gasoline Can x2
<< Transition Level: DWE3M12: The Dregs