DWE1M9: Spooky World
Episode 1: In Cold Blood
- DWE1M1: Home Sweet Home
- DWE1M2: Lost Highway
- DWE1M3: Firebelly
- DWE1M9: Spooky World (Secret Level)
- DWE1M10: Ring of Fire (Transition Level)
- DWE1M4: The Abyss
- DWE1M5: Jigsaw
- DWE1M11: Shudder Island (Secret Level)
- DWE1M12: Old Sins (Transition Level)
- DWE1M6: What Lies Beneath
- DWE1M7: Urban Decay
- DWE1M8: Vertigo
Spooky World (DWE1M9) is the first-of-two secret level of the first episode of the add-on Death Wish, considerably known as episode 7. It is accessible by a hidden Key 7 doors in the cultist-spectated arena showdown near the end of DWE1M3: Firebelly. The level takes place in a carnival, invaded by foes of all sorts, then end inside the House of Horrors.
Song Track: 4 - Dark Carnival (CD-Audio), cblood5 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||183|
|Number of Secrets|
|8 (see note)|
"Start by running up the stairs into the ticket line area. Both ticket booths have some ammo so be sure to go into those. Fight your way to Spooky World's crossroads with the spinning hologram. The snack stands both have good items, so be sure to grab them all. Straight ahead is the entrance to the final section, but you will need all 4 of the Keys placed around the park first. The order in which you obtain them is irrelevant. Each attraction has 1 Key.
Pandemonium Shadow Show: Head down the hallway and keep going straight until you get the ammo following the other entrance to the theater. Grab the Fire Key on the stage and mow down the enemies. Move along the wall until you find your way out or wait for the curtain to ascend. Walk down the long hallway if you don't want to wait for the curtain which leads to the starting area.
Miskatonic Station: The main pathway to this area is blocked with a gate. You will have to break the vent in the scream burger stand to reach this area. Once inside, walk toward the bridges but wait for the train to pass by first. You will find the Spider Key on the upper floor of the gift shop.
Happy-Go-PuKey: The Eye Key is on the furthest platform. If you fall in, avoid the Gill Beasts and use the stairs near the waterfall to escape. Enemies will appear at the top of the stairs after you grab the Key.
River Ride of Terror: Kill everyone in the line for the ride - it will make your return much easier (especially if you accidentally fall in the water). Get in the river boat and hit the switch. Prepare for several enemies who will fire on the boat as it moves. Grab the Dagger Key at the end of the ride and return to the boat. Hitting the switch again will make it return.
Now that you have all the Keys, head to the entrance to the final section: The House of Horrors. Kill the Fanatics and activate the 4 switches. There is a small army behind the gate that drops so ready your explosives. Run through the forest with the Gargoyles and you will come to the lines for the House of Horrors. Fight your way into the attraction (Flare gun fire works well here) and press on the door to descend. There is a Guns Akimbo on top of one of the wooden shelves you may want to get before clicking on the door. At the bottom you will have to mow down some Zombies and several Cultists in the room that follows which contains the ride carts. Head down the hallway and watch out for the Phantasm who bursts through the window. In the next area just run up the ramp. Take the elevator by the ramp to get back on track. Keep moving along the ride's metal railway until you reach the blue ballroom. Grab the Key in the middle of the room and fight off the horde that appears. The curtains will eventually rise allowing you to move on after the Stone Gargoyle is dead. Go to the ramp leading upwards and watch out for the Hell Hound around the corner. Continue through the rest of the ride and you will end up back at the ride's seating area with the carts. Go through the Moon Door and destroy the wall near the clock. Go through the hole, turn right, duck under the wooden panel, and open the door to complete the mission"
- Axe Zombie
- Bloated Butcher
- Hell Hound
- Little Caleb
- Stone Gargoyle
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Dynamite Bundle
- Proximity Detonator
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Tesla Cannon
NOTE:Due to a bug, the Level Stats screen count only 7 secrets
- Behind the �Everything Fried� stand, follow the rightside passage Reward: Invisibility Cloak
- Facing the Happy-Go-Pukey entrance, there's a wooden wall directly to the left. Jump over it and follow the path (either use Jump Boots or jump on top of the trash cans) Reward: Life Seed, Feather Fall
- Inside the gift shop in the Miskatonic Station, jump out the window with the missing bars (remember to wait for the train to pass) Reward: Super Armour
- In the River Ride of Terror, opposite the immobile Hell Hounds and Cerberus, jump out of the boat to where the Cultists were firing their guns at you Reward: Napalm Launcher, Gasoline x2
- In the beginning of the River Ride of Terror, hop on top of the waterfall to the left of the big sign Reward: Tesla Cannon, Tesla Charge x2
- Inside the House of Horrors, jump through the broken window where Phantasm bursts out Reward: Feather Fall
- Inside the House of Horrors, use the Feather Fall from the secret above to descent down the ramp to the lower floor, then follow the path around the croner Reward: Medicine Pouch, Life Leech
- Inside the House of Horrors, walk into the Cerberus display then go behind the false flames Reward: Napalm Launcher, Gasoline Can
- This level also feature the mall music from E4M9: Mall of the Dead when you are at the carnival, making it the first level in Blood history to play two music at the same time