E4M4: Crystal Lake
Episode 4: Dead Reckoning
Crystal Lake (E4M4) is the fourth level of the fourth episode in Blood. Caleb enters a summer campground that bears a haunting motif. This level also contains access to the secret level, E4M9: Mall of the Dead.
Song Track: 7 - Waiting for the End (CD-Audio), cblood2 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||60'|
|Number of Secrets|
"Walk forward, and enter the barn to your left. After entering the barn, go to the left, and pull the lever to ride the lift up to the 2nd floor. Head toward the right, jump down, and follow the path over to your right. Go through the metal door, up the steps, and through another metal door into the dining room. On the far side of the dining room, you'll find another passage leading to a room with a fireplace. Go through the passage across from the fireplace, and out the door to your right. Turn to your right, and follow the path around the house, into the woods, across a bridge, and you'll eventually find another building. Jump up on the porch, and enter the door on your left. Grab the Moon key, and go back outside. Continue along the path to your left, and you'll get to the outhouse requiring the Moon key. Open it up and jump in. Sink all the way to the bottom, and follow the underwater passage. Follow it to the concrete underwater water passage, and follow it to your left. After turning the corner, take the second passage on your left. Swim to the end of it, turn the switch, swim through and surface at end. Jump up on to solid ground, and you'll see the exit symbol in front of you. Don't hit it. Instead, turn to your right, and shoot the wall a little bit to the left of the water. It's not marked, so look around. After blowing the hole in the wall, enter it, and push the symbol to go to the secret level.
- Axe Zombie
- Bloated Butcher
- Bone Eel
- Gill Beast
- Hell Hound
- Red Spider
- Green Spider
- Mother Spider
' - max number of enemies varies due to Mother Spider's spawning ability
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Dynamite Bundle
- Proximity Detonator
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Tesla Cannon
- Life Leech
- Voodoo Doll
- After coming out of the first cabin, zombies will attack you from seemingly nowhere. If you explore the area, you will find an illusionary wall in the forest next to the shed. Reward: Voodoo Doll
- In the mess hall with the fireplace, there is a nearby room containing TNT bundles. Opposite this room's window is a wooden wall with a lift. Reward: Tesla Charge x2, Proximity Detonators x2, Box of Shells, Super Armour
- At the bridge, on the left side, is a niche. You must stand on the river to find it. Reward: Guns Akimbo
- In the house full of spiders and choking hands, there is a lantern between two doors. Push the wall under it. Reward: Life Seed
- After dropping from the outhouse into the sewers, there is an area blocked off by iron bars. Use the napalm launcher to open the gate. Reward: Trapped Soul x2
- In the final room where the Tchernobog symbol is, there is a secret wall to the right. Blow it up to reveal it. Reward: Access to secret level
See also: References in Blood
- This level is largely based on the Friday the 13th movie series.
- In the attic of the first building (the barn) you can find the hockey mask and machete of Jason Voorhees. When you press use on this you hear "Ki, ki, ki, ma, ma, ma" echo around the room.
- A reference to the X-Files is also in this level. "The Flukeman Was Here" is written on the wall inside the secret with the 2 trapped souls where you have to blow up the gate underwater to get in.
- The technique of depicting forests as textured walls and surfaces is also present in the other Build engine title Shadow Warrior, such as in "Dark Woods of the Serpent". Its use however, is actually pre-dated by five years by a similar concept being used in Catacomb Armageddon in its "The Dark Forest" level.
- Camp Crystal Lake would later turn up as a level in another Build engine game, the Redneck Rampage expansion Suckin' Grits on Route 66 by Sunstorm Interactive
Secret Level: E4M9: Mall of the Dead >>