CP01: Boat Docks
Episode 5: Cryptic Passage
"In level one, your boat arrives at some eerie docks. Unable to continue on your journey, you have no choice but to proceed on shore and investigate your new surroundings, including a grotesque fisherman's cabin, and a spooky lighthouse."
--Cryptic Passage README.TXT
Song Track: 6 - Father Time (CD-Audio)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||45|
|Number of Secrets|
"Jump out of the boat onto the dock. Follow the dock up the mountain pass, and follow it across the wooden bridge. As you'll enter the area, the path will branch off. In front of you is the Skull key door, and to your right another path. Follow it along (there are numerous small areas with supplies), and you'll eventually find another wooden bridge. Cross it, and grab the Skull key. Return to the Skull key door and enter it. To the left side of the room is a staircase. Follow it up into the cabin. Enter the door at the top of the stairs, and follow the hall to the end. Before you is the Dagger key door. Turn to your right, and you'll see another wooden door. Enter it, and turn the switch to your right. Quickly turn around, walk out of the bathroom, and enter the kitchen to your left. There is now a door open next to a wooden steering wheel. If it closes before you can enter it, go back and turn the switch in the bathroom again. Go up the steps, and go toward the left side of the room. This causes the wall on the right side of the room to crack open, revealing some zombies and the Dagger key. Grab the Dagger key, and you'll hear a door open. Turn around, and you'll see a passage over to your right, where a door has just opened revealing a switch. Turn the switch and return to the Dagger key door. Go through the Dagger key door, and turn to your left. You'll see a cave in the rock face. Enter it, and you'll find two passages. The one to your left leads to the Moon key door, so take note of it, and head down the right path. Go down the stairs and into the area with the lighthouse. On the other side of the lighthouse, the cellar doors have been removed, and you can enter it here. As you enter the lighthouse, you'll see a locked wooden door to your left, and some steps to your right. Remember this door, as we'll come back to it in just a few moments. Climb the stairs to the top. You'll come to an area with a hole in the roof and a wooden barrel. Jump up on the barrel, and up through the hole onto the top of the lighthouse. Walk around the lighthouse, and hit the switch. Now go back down to the door I told you to remember. It's now open, and you can go in and grab the Moon key. Jump back out of the lighthouse the way you came in, and backtrack to the passage leading to the Moon key door. Go through the Moon key door, and turn to your left. Follow the path along and enter the cave to your right. Walk along, and you'll see a hole in the floor. Jump down, and turn the switch to the right of the door. Now go through the open doors, and turn to your right. Follow that path along, and enter the cave to your right. Push the symbol to end the level."
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Dynamite Bundle
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Voodoo Doll
- At the start, dive into the water. Enter the vine-covered opening. Swim to the end of the passage and surface. Reward: Diving Suit
- Before crossing the bridge to get the Skull Key, push the wall to the right. Reward: Napalm Launcher, Life Seed
- After going through the Skull door, there is a different coloured wall on the right side of the right fork. To open it, proceed down the right fork and take a left. There will be a narrow passage with a switch at the end. Hit the switch, and backtrack to the wall. Reward: Box of Flares, Box of Shells
- Push the grandfather clock. Reward: Doctor's Bag
- In the room next to the secret above, push the shelves with the skulls on it. Reward: Super Armour
See also: References in Blood
- Hidden text in the level write out "You are not supposed to be here - Mike Beaulieu, level designer" (in homage to Levelord's famous Duke Nukem 3D secret), and "if you can read this you are cheating". Both are only accessible via the noclipping cheat (Blood - CP01 Developer Easter Eggs).