C1L6: Center for Disease Management
C1L6: Center for Disease Management is the sixth level in the game Blood II: The Chosen (map name: 05_cdm). It resembles medical or science facility for experimentation. There are several cages and rooms where Cabalco scientists are experimenting on Soul Drudges. This was the level used for the demo version of Blood II.
Loading Screen Text
With humanity breeding like roaches, and over-crowding plaguing the whole planet, disease has become our second biggest business! We're proud to announce that we have a near monopoly at the Cabalco Center for Disease Management! This state-of-the-art facility has extensive research, dissection, and trauma centers. We assure you that the CDM is on the cutting-edge of disease, plague, and affliction of all types. Whether you're interested in the Ebola virus or just some-plain-old, tasty syphilis. Our motto? Invest and Infest. Cabalco does the rest!
"Remember to smash all the metal cabinets. They often contain useful items. Move forward until you see the computer room on your left. Blow up one of the computers, and collect the Life Essence you find in the crater. If you'd like some extra ammo (and who wouldn't), activate the console and enter the giant metal doors next to your starting point. If they close up again, activate the console in there to re-open them. After you re-stock, go through the automatic doors next to the computer room. Go through the next set of automatic doors, and make your right side until you find the 'Examination Lab' (you might want to explore the other corridors outside the 'Examination Lab', as there are some interesting things laying around; but it isn't necessary to complete the level). Enter the lab, and follow the passage over to the right of room to the 'Mainframe Access', Enter it, and activate the computer panel next to the scientist. This turns off the fan, so return to the beginning of the level. You'll find a conveyor belt behind the crates. Jump on it, and walk against it until you get to a room with an acid pool. Take note of the Life Seed on the other side of the room, we'll be coming back to get it in just a second. Follow the passage to the right, and go up the ladder. Go through the automatic doors, and enter the room over to your left. Activate the console, and make your way back to the acid pool. Some blocks should have risen up allowing you to jump to the Life Seed (if not, gib the corpses in the pool, and that should allow them to rise up). After you get it, go back down the passage, up the ladder, and through the automatic doors. Follow the hall to the right. Keep going around (make note of the CRU (Cryogenics Retrieval Unit)), until you reach the PC2. After you go through the automatic doors, look to your left. You'll see an open elevator shaft. Look down it, and you'll see a Necroward and a small ledge. This is a bit tricky. You need to jump down, grab the booty, and quickly jump on the ledge before the elevator smashes you. If you feel lucky, jump down, get it, and jump back out of the shaft. After you make up your mind whether or not to get the Necroward, go up the steps, and search the central column for a hand pad. Push it, and the lasers on the door will de-activate. Go into the newly opened area, and follow the hall around. Go through the door and pick up the CRU access card. Now retrace your steps to the CRU. After you get to the CRU, activate the console to de-activate the lasers. Step through the newly opened doorway, and onto the platform (if you gib the corpse on the right side of the room, you'll find a Life Seed). Ride the platform up to the next area and jump off. Go forward through the automatic doors and turn to your left. There's a mop closet at the end of the hall with a lab key in it. Pick it up and then follow the hall back around to the other side. At the other end, you'll find an elevator and a lab. Enter the lab, and grab the Express Card. Now, enter the elevator, and activate the panel to end the level."--Baytor's Guide
Caleb rides the storage elevator up to the Center for Disease Management's supply room, encountering several Fanatics. To proceed, he must travel through a conveyor belt, but a spinning buzz saw impedes his progress. He finds the way to turn it off, then travels through the facility, moving through the morgue on a floating platform, through offices and equipment rooms, until he comes to an elevator.
- Upon entering the facility, Caleb states that "It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here!". This is taken from The Shining.
- When riding on a lift, Caleb comments "I feel like a piece of meat" - a reference to Tales from the Crypt.
- Through the level, a P.A. voice makes announcements and pages. Most of the doctors mentioned have the same last names as Blood II developers (see credits)
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Vandervoort, please report to the dissection room. We have a bleeder in need of attention.
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Kohler, please report to the front desk. Dr. Kohler, please report to the front desk. Your boyfriend is waiting.
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Kettell, emergency in examination lab 7.
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Schlegel, please report to AI research immediately. Dr. Schelgel? It's no use, Marge, he's probably home sleeping anyway.
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Wilson, your wife is on line 1. Dr. Wilson, your wife is on line 1. Never mind, she just hung up.
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Kilstrom, please report to... wait a minute... Security, please arrest Dr. Kilstrom immediately. He's done it again.
- P.A. VOICE: Dr. Coleman to neurology. Dr. Coleman, please report to neurology.
- P.A. VOICE: Would the staff on levels 10, 11, and 12 please report to decontamination.
- P.A. VOICE: Um, will the staff on levels 10, 11, and 12, uh, please report to the morgue? Oh god, sorry about that.
- P.A. VOICE: Remember: progress before safety.
- P.A. VOICE: Please be advised we have an intruder on level 3. He's armed and extremely dangerous. Please do not approach this man under any circumstances. In fact, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. Thank you and have a nice day.