C2L5: Horlock's Station
C2L5: Horlock's Station is the sixteenth level in the game Blood II: The Chosen, and the fifth level of the second chapter (map name: 12_trainstation). It resembles a modern train station, with some construction implements.
Loading Screen Text
STATIONS OF THE CRASS
If you're happy and you know it, pop some brains... If you're happy and you know it, slice some veins... If you're happy and you know it, bouncing heads will clearly show it... Nothing like loving one's work. Another unmentionable station? Well, at least this one is more attractive than the last. Time to put the ol' trigger finger to work. You are definitely from the wrong side of these tracks, and as usual, the light at the end of the tunnel just might be a train.
- The loading screen mentions "wrong side of these tracks". The second level of the original Blood was E1M2: Wrong Side of the Tracks which had an "easter egg" where the player could travel down a long, long tunnel, only to get killed by a train at the end.
- The menu at the diner offers 'The Cream of SumYungGai'. This is a joke from the movie Wayne's World.
- In the same diner, the kitchen has a barrel containing "Horse Meat - Now With More Testicles!" This is a reference to The Simpsons, where it was served in the school cafeteria.
- "Ahh, now that's a spicy meatball!" - This is from a famous commercial for Alka-Seltzer, where an actor is forced to eat meatballs for take after take, and grows a stomach-ache.
- The Blood II REZ file also contains some dialogue that was cut from the final game:
- CALEB: Sorry, I don't do toilet humor.
- CALEB: They just don't make 'em like they used to.
- CALEB: Now that's a spicy meatball.
- CALEB: Look's like Jo-Jo's hit the big time.
- CULTIST: I don't tip.
CULTIST: What do you mean you don't tip?
CULTIST: I don't believe in it.
CULTIST: You don't believe in it. I bought dinner, chip in a buck, you cheap bastard.
CULTIST: OK, but normally I never do this.
(This dialogue is inspired by a scene in the movie Reservoir Dogs)