E4M9: Mall of the Dead
Mall of the Dead (E4M9) is the secret level in the fourth episode in Blood. It is accessible by a hidden wall in the cavern near the end of E4M4: Crystal Lake. The level takes place in a mall, invaded by zombies and gargoyles. It is generally regarded as one of the most popular levels in Blood.
Song Track: none (CD-Audio), none (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||??|
|Number of Secrets|
- There's a crack in the wall near the room near the escalators. You can also get there by dropping from the pipe upstairs. Reward: Life seed
- One of the cash registers is colored differently. It opens a secret niche in the small wooden room. Reward: Cloak of invisibility
- Near the false exit door is a fan with some extra space behind it. Use the Jump Boots if needed. Reward: Super armor
- The pipe leading to the storage room near the exit has a strange crate in the ceiling. Reward: Doctor's bag
- Shoot all the loudspeakers blaring that obnoxious muzak. If you do this, a light will appear in the room mentioned in the first secret. Reward: Guns akimbo
See also: References in Blood
- This level is largely based on the central concept of Dawn of the Dead, a movie where refugees of a zombie apocalypse hide out in a mall. It even includes the end, when the characters escape by a helicopter on the roof.
- The mall music reappears in an expanded form in Blood II: The Chosen used by CabalCo as elevator music.