Halls of Stonehenge
Halls of Stonehenge is a modification by Majik_Monkee for the 1992 video game Wolfenstein 3D first released on November 3, 2003. Although still set in the Wolfenstein 3D universe, with B.J Blazkowicz as the protagonist, the game borrows heavily from Blood, decorating its world with textures, sprites, music and sounds from the game. This was directly inspired by the author's older computer having trouble running Blood, while Wolfenstein 3D ran flawlessly. As such, it functions effectively as a demake of the game.
The mod changes the game's weapons into those of Blood: transforming knife to Pitchfork, pistol to Sawed-Off Shotgun, machine gun to Tommy Gun and chain-gun to a "Riot Gun" derived from the Tesla Cannon. The game also adds new weapons such as the Voodoo Doll and Hell Staff. In the way that Blood TC/ZBlood can be seen as realization of what the game could have been like on the Doom engine, and Transfusion for Quake, this can be said to be the same for Wolfenstein 3D.
Caleb makes a pseudo-appearance as the basis for Draven, the game's fourth boss armed with dual chain-guns. Shial is also incarnated as Webster, and the Gill Beast stars as Death Breath; Cerberus also cameos while even retaining its original name. Finally, Tchernobog emerges as the evil Sarron. A special edition was also later released (originally with the working title of "Dead Reckoning"), with new levels and some new enemies, including a few from Heretic.
- MedEvil, by the same author as HOS, also borrows from Blood, but more directly from Heretic and Hexen.
- The Black House, again by Majik_Monkee, also borrows more heavily.
- Gothic Mayhem by Joshua Waight re-uses many assets from HOS.
- Dead Reckoning by Kev Reid features numerous Blood graphics, most notably on its main menus.
- Resistant by Warthower also uses Blood assets and features the player fighting cultist style enemies.
- Project X borrows several textures and sprites from Blood (among many others), and has enemies that shout in the Cultist Language.
- Resident Evil Unleashed by Joshua Waight features various sprites from Blood, including the axe zombie and spider.
- Sensenmann by Mäx also features Blood sounds, music, textures and assets, and even uses Caleb quotations (over-riding various game sounds) and face in its HUD; it also borrows quite heavily from Doom.
- Beyond the Grave, released on Halloween 2017, also heavily features assets from Blood as well as the original Quake and Heretic/Hexen.
- Homepage - Angelfire
- Mod profile page - ModDB
- Unofficial SDL beta port - DieHardWolfers Forum
- Wolfenstein 3D Wiki article (Special Edition)
- Mod review - Dean's Wolfenstein 3D Blog
- Mod retrospective - Dean's Wolfenstein 3D Blog
- Video walkthrough - LY203 Productions
- Sensenmann - LY203 Productions
- Blood-inspired Wolfenstein 3D mods thread - Transfusion Forums
- Beyond the Grave thread - BloodLine
- Halls of Stonehenge thread - DieHard Wolfers Forum
- Some HOS tidbits - DieHard Wolfers Forum