Difference between revisions of "List of Mods for Blood"
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
* [[Sir Seizhak|Cabal's Return]]
* [[Sir Seizhak|Cabal's Return]]
* [[Legends of the Iconoclast]] [[Legends of the Iconoclast#Remake|Remake]] - [[Legends of the Iconoclast#Valiant Destiny|Valiant Destiny]]
* [[Legends of the Iconoclast]] [[Legends of the Iconoclast#Remake|Remake]] - [[Legends of the Iconoclast#Valiant Destiny|Valiant Destiny]]
* [[BloodLines]] - [[BloodLines#
* [[BloodLines]] - [[BloodLines#|]]
* [[Bloody Pulp Fiction]] - [[Bloody Pulp Fiction#Remaster|Remaster]]
* [[Bloody Pulp Fiction]] - [[Bloody Pulp Fiction#Remaster|Remaster]]
* [[Death Wish]] - [[Death Wish#New Episode|new episode]]
* [[Death Wish]] - [[Death Wish#New Episode|new episode]]
Revision as of 19:24, 24 May 2021
The following add-ons feature at least one complete released episode of five or more original maps, making them eligible for independent articles.
- Banzai's Add-On (1998) - Team BANZAI - 7 levels
- Killing Time (1999) - Marc "Elmo" Levesque - 7 levels
- Time Episode (1999) - Pyro - 8 levels
- Inherit the Earth (1999) - Dustin "Bloatoid" Twilley - 11 + 2 levels, 3 + 1 episodes
- Legends of the Iconoclast - Dwayne Anderson (2001-present)
- Hostile Takeover (2001, 2013) - Dustin "Bloatoid" Twilley - 10 levels + 2 secret levels
- BloodLines (2002: "Beta", 2021: "Out of the Grave Edition" Beta) - Necrosoft - 13/15 levels
- The Sect War (2005) - LifeKILLED - 20 levels, 2 episodes
- See also: Dead Letters (1 level)
- The Outpost Mortem (2005) - Final22software - 22 levels, 3 episodes
- The Carnage Continues (2006) - Harry and Joel "Reactor" Blackwell - 13 levels, 3 episodes
- Alone in the Dark (2006-2016: "1-3", "new", "final") - Diman (aka NoOne)
- Sectant 1 & 2 (2006) - Zik - 5 + 7 levels
- Old Friend (2007) - LifeKILLED, CHARMED - 15 levels
- Rage Against the Machine (2007: "Till Death Us Do Part", rest cancelled) - Matthew "Daedalus" Kallis - 8 levels
- Bloody Pulp Fiction (2009) - Ryan "Wangho" Williams, RedFanatic - 25 levels, 2 episodes (with the second in 2 parts)
- Death Wish (2011, 2017-2020) - Dustin "Bloatoid" Twilley - 31 levels, 3 episodes
- French Meat (2012) - TEDD - 9 levels
- Caleb Will Have His Revenge On Toronto (2013: "Scum of Dallas") - Frances Rampage (Jahrax & Junga) - 5 levels, with CE1M4 in 3 separate parts
- Season of Death (2013) - SAMIBUTT - 9 levels + 1 secret level
- Out for Blood (2019) - Thomas "BloodyTom" Ziehl - 7 levels
- The Way of Ira (2019) - MariusArmand - 8 levels
- French Meat 2 (2019) - TEDD - 8 levels
- Fleshed Out (2019-2021) - SkobbeJakGames - 10 + 9 + 10 levels
- Trauma Therapy (2020) - Thomas "BloodyTom" Ziehl - 15 levels
- 500 Milliliters of /vr/ (2021) - 4chans's /vr/ board members - 6 levels
The following add-ons are/have been said to be in development.
- Caleb Will Have His Revenge on Toronto - Run Like a Villain
- Christmas Episode
- A Bloody Mess
- Cabal's Return
- Legends of the Iconoclast Remake - Valiant Destiny
- BloodLines - Out of the Grave Edition
- Bloody Pulp Fiction - Remaster
- Death Wish - new episode
- Extra Crispy (Fresh Supply only)
An add-on in the works by Michael "Bifurcator" Poltavsky, currently featuring two levels in a beta set (1-2), and three levels (3-5) released loosely. The premise involves Caleb's efforts to clean the remnants of the influence of cultists in our world.
- Cult 1: Outpost, Cult 2: Shore (BloodLine)
- Cult 3: Corrupted Village (BloodLine)
- Cult 4: Manor
- Cult 5: Shady Gardens
An effort by TheNight aka nightsmoke, which had a projected final release due Christmas 2016. Currently classed as WIP (work in progress).
- E1M1 Alpha (ModDB) - included in volume two of Blood Chronicles
- E1M2 Alpha
- E1M3 Alpha
- E1M4 Alpha
- E1M5 Alpha (ModDB)
- E1M6 Alpha
No Hope in Sight
"I'm making a blood episode! It is named *The Invasion*. I have made this map to know about people's reviews that should I continue making maps or not."--Ryker
A proposed episode by Ryker. Has released a sample map called "Caleb's House" as of November 29, 2020.
See Also: List of Bloodites
The following are prominent mappers whose work has become notable for coverage in total.
- Martin and Jason Brentnall
- Martin is the creator of Journey to Hell.
- Joel and Kurt Blackwell (aka Reactor and Headhunter)
- Dwayne Anderson
- Creator of an episode trilogy.
- Matthew Kallis (aka Daedalus)
- Creator of the Sin Campaign.
- Ryan Williams (aka Wangho)
- Dustin Twilley (aka Bloatoid)
- Creator of Dark Sun Rising.
- David Wikström (aka Tekedon)
- Said to be working on A Bloody Mess.
- Alexandre Vancomerbeck (aka Hades)
- Jeff Morris (aka Zip)
- Victor Salalaiko (aka BelaRUSSIAN)
- Austin Adams (aka SpillSomeBlood and BLOODTheChosenOne)
- Vili Nyström (aka Nyyss0nen)
- Said to be working on Christmas Episode.
- Arjan Van Rossen
- Chris Chitatroni (aka Rhnegative)
- Pedro Arturo Gomez Blanco (aka Pagb666)
- Sir Seizhak
- Working on Cabal's Return.
- Anders Aandahl
- Mike McDonough
- Creator of the Edge series of maps
- Michael and Peggy DeLand
- Desmond Shepard
- Fernando Márquez
- Noldor Ranzou
A French Canadian mapper that produced fourteen levels in total for both Bloodbath and single-player.
Gunz (also known as Two.gunz, Maybe, Lazer and zak88) is a mapper for Blood who has released a number of stand-alone maps.
Link: Blood MapEdit site
Collections of individual maps or add-ons curated together as one larger download.
BME's Blood Map Pack
"This pack... contains 1234 ZIP items with over 1800 maps made by 300 authors... all having proper filenames and showing the full author (and/or nickname) and the full title of the map or add-on. All maps have been provided a BAT and INI file (where missing) and some projects are rescripted (install BAT) in order to make them work properly and/or to ensure the original files will be restored after playing. There are a few add-ons left out because of ridiculous file sizes; having extremely large cutscene movies or unnecessary gamefile duplicates, most of them are recent releases and are still downloadable elsewhere so there's no need at this point in time to preserve them in this pack. This is an update and total replacement of the previous packs released. I like to thank Corvin, Mike Ochs and all mappers out there!"--Compiled description
The 2019 release is absent as is the 2020 so far. The 2018 release was put out on January 1, 2019 and promises to be the "The Ultimate Blood Map and Add-on Collection!", with previous releases on December 31, 2017 (2017 release), January 1, 2017 (2016 release), December 31, 2015 (2015 release), January 3, 2015 (2014 release) and April 24, 2013 (2013 release).
"I'm working on getting as much Maps as possible for the first Blood game, so that I can upload it into one file to make it easier for fans to easily attain the whole collection (or as close as possible, since plenty would be lost in the Void in this day and age) in one hit. I'd host it on my own server where bandwidth wouldn't be a problem, but not in an actual website. So far I have 520 files, which probably adds up to 600 or more Maps, when you figure in conversions/map packs and such. I'm speaking with someone via email who says they have 500-odd as well, so I'm hoping to acquire them soon and go through deleting the ones I don't need and such.... Along with all of them, I had stored away on an old CD of mine (which would be about 8 years old) lots of Maps from the late nineties; 250-odd files which I could not locate on any website; which is probably a joke of a collection compared to all those that were stored at sites that no longer exist, since I was never an avid Map collector back in the day... Anyhow, if any of you fine Blood fans think you have Maps that I lack, or who have large collections on old CDs that they can share I'd appreciate it greatly. I don't mind going through them all and seeing which ones I do and do not have. So far my file is nearly 200mbs, which is because of all the TCs."--Jarlaxle
A detailed collection of over 1,300 maps for Blood posted on the Transfusion and The Postmortem forums on February 1, 2009 and divided into three sections: Complete Collection, Just Maps, and Just Total Conversions. All are direct-links and do not require registering an account of any kind. They were complied by Jarlaxle, and are now only available through the Wayback Machine.
The Best of blood.freeminded.de
"This map pack contains 50 of the best Blood user maps uploaded so far to blood.freeminded. This pack differs from others because a special mapbrowser has been included to make everything all the more convenient! Poorly written and/or unfunctional install scripts have been fixed. Some INI files have been created but no maps have been altered. Scripts that deal with custom art or sounds will backup the original Blood files first. This pack is thoroughly tested, if by any chance you still encounter problems then please install a fresh copy of Blood and try again. The maps in this pack are guaranteed to work with Blood v1.21 (although some may also work with v1.00)."--Official description
A compilation by BME/ILMHB promises to offer the best 50 maps/small episodes of the blood.freeminded.de website (circa July 22, 2011), with all thoroughly tested and accessible through a special mapbrowser (rather similar to DOOM-IT; making it, in effect, the Blood equivalent to The Master Levels for Doom II).
"BLOOD: CHRONICLES. The first volume of a collection of the best BLOOD user maps ever made. 36 levels making up 4 unique episodes that will keep you occupied while the world crumbles to dust around you... So pick your poison and dig in. A splattered time if guaranteed for all!... Blood Chronicles aims to be the best blood map collection. Only the very best of Blood Community!"--Official description
Two compilations intended to showcase the best of the Blood mapping community. The first volume, often spelt as "Chronicals", was released on September 24, 2004 by Frater Diatonica Dracona and contains thirty six levels making up four episodes, including many maps unavailable individually from either blood.freeminded.de or RTCM. It also features an attempt at a connecting plot for the disparate episodes. The second features four episodes as well as eight maps for Bloodbath and was released a decade later on February 5, 2014 and was compiled by Sir Seizhak and scripted by BME.
|Blood Chronicles, Volume I:|
|Episode One: UNDERWORLD "tells the tale of Caleb's search for the Cabal's newest horror, The Grand Illusion Carnival, with plans to shut it down before it entraps any victims. The rumour is that there is a forgotten teleport back in one of the old Cabal mines that will put Caleb right at its front door."
||Episode Two: CULT INCORPERATED "is the story of Caleb's adventure exploring the massive grounds of the Cabal's headquarters looking for you-know-who and getting into some mindbending situations. Don't forget to pack your shrooms."
|Episode Three: DIABOLICA "finds Caleb facing his worse nightmare as he is thrown into the very mind of the Dreaming God, Tchernobog and his minions. Will Caleb emerge with his insanity intact? This promises to be the weirdest episode you will ever experience."||Episode Four: COLD BLOOD "will whisk you away to the frozen places that men dare to go to find the cabal's version of Shangrala, an evil paradise where Calab finds yet another dark secret about the dread Cabal."|
|Blood Chronicles, Volume II:|
|Episode One:||Episode Two:||BloodBath:|
|Episode Three:||Episode Four:
The Lost Episodes
"Five dark tales of terror lost to the void of time, now available for your edification. From some of the best creators of Blood maps, this five adventure set promises to challenge the most avid Blood fan! A Collection Of Hard To Find Episodes Gathered Together In One Carnage-Filled Collection Including GODS by Joel & Kurt Blackwell, JOURNEY TO HELL by Martin Brintnall, LEGEND OF RAVENLOFT by Michael Shire, KILLING TIME by Marc Levesque, HAUNTED REALMS by Joel Dube with additional maps by Treks, Johnnie Blaster, Craig L. Duckett & Dwayne Anderson. Adding Up To 23 Levels of Hardcore Gorefest!"--Official description
- Legend of Ravenloft by Michael Shire (aka Micho)
- Journey to Hell by Martin Brentnall (RTCM)
- Killing Time by Marc Levesque (aka Elmo)
- Gods by Joel "Reactor" and Kurt "Headhunter" Blackwell
- Haunted Realms by Joël Dubé (aka Shimmy)
- The Amazing Labyrinth - "Unique self-rearranging maze designed around the exploitation of path sectors, inspired by the board game of the same name."
- Iceberg of Destruction - "Scripted grudual environmental destruction of the vast majority of the gameplay area."
- Helix Tower - "Multi-floor tower in the middle of a city, utilising multiple sector overlaps and upper/lower stacks."
- Duelling Platforms - "Non-conventional two-player gameplay mechanic in which players must destroy the platform on which their opponent stands."
- Fragile Caves - "Pseudo-dynamic player destructable environment, set atop and within the caves of a steep mountain."
- Ancient Library - "Multi-floor environment using sprites and intelligent sector layout (no upper/lower stacks)."
- Survivor - "A showcase of several Build technical innovations and gameplay ideas that add a twist to the typical Deathmatch gameplay style."
- Castle Storm - "Atmospheric weather effects in a castle; rain, thunder and lightning, which casts shadows in the large hallway."
Krypto's Best User Maps
A selection of 24 user maps deemed worthwhile to play by Krypto on April 29, 2016 over on The Postmortem, featuring maps by David Wikström, Austin Adams, Tobias Persson, Treks, Michael J. Ochs, and others. Rather than a downloadable collection, this was just a stand alone list which we have provided links for.
- Caleb's Dream
- Cemetery full edition
- Coop level 1
- Count of Wallachia
- Dr. Goozz's House
- Factory (aka "Meat Factory")
- Fresh1 (aka "Evil Dwells Within")
- Haunted Hill
- Return To Haunted Hill
- Six Keys
- SPILL: The Hall OF Epiphany (Updated)
- Test Of Skills
- The Abandoned Factory
- The Abyss
- The Fallen Priest
- The Lost Temple
- The Old Manor
- The Slums
- The Wacky Island
- The Pandemonium
Maps directly converted from other games to Blood:
- DOOME1M1 by Izard Pierre is a recreation of Entryway from Doom II: Hell on Earth (1994).
- TEDE1M9: Hangar from French Meat (2012) is a recreation of E1M1: Hangar from the original Doom (1993).
- TT09: Hollow Earth from Trauma Therapy (2020) features areas recreating the opening bank level from Sin (1998) and the opening stadium fight from Duke Nukem Forever (2011; itself a reference to the final level of retail Duke Nukem 3D from 1996).
- Quake E1M7 Map by xBRYAN2000x from Quake (1996).
- AREA1.MAP Coop Edition by xBRYAN2000x from Blood Alpha (1996; leaked).
- quakedm1 map review from Quake
- Grosse by Mamba 16 is a secret level from Doom II inspired by Wolfenstein 3D (1992)
- Zippy's Blood Meltdown features recreations of the first three levels of Duke Nukem 3D.
- SPILL 2-4 by Austin Adams (recreates various levels from Doom and Doom II; also recreated "Arena Gate" from Quake III Arena (1999), while "Facing Worlds" in Eviction is from Unreal Tournament (1999)
- Riptide Stronghold by Vandclash based on a Duke Nukem 3D user map)
- Q3DM3.MAP by Maybe from Quake III Arena
- Ultra-Violence by pagb666 is an "adaptation of the Quake DM classic"
- E1M1 Heretic by Sir Seizhak is an adaptation of E1M1: The Docks from Heretic (1994)
- Grid by Noldor Ranzou is "a faithful recreation (albeit a little bit larger) of Grid,one of the Combat Simulator maps from Perfect Dark" (2000)
Maps inspired or influenced by other games and media:
- Alone in the Dark by NoOne aka Diman (inspired by Alone in the Dark)
- PacManic Depression by Jeff "Zip" Morris (inspired by Pacman)
- BQ3BB1 by ItBurn (Quake III Arena)
- Quakish by Pedro Arturo Gomez Blanco (Quake)
- Omega Man by P. Manhood (The Omega Man; ModDB)
- Maniac Mansion 4 Blood (Maniac Mansion; ModDB)
- Batman for Blood (Batman; ModDB)
- Star Wars Beta (Star Wars)
Quite a few of the larger add-ons have maps inspired by other media, such as DWE2M3: Mothership (Alien) from Death Wish (2011, 2017-2020), C1T4: Egyptian Kingdom (Indiana Jones) from Killing Time (1999), or BPF13: Within The Woods (Evil Dead) from Bloody Pulp Fiction (2009).
Noldor Ranzou's DN3D BB Map Pack
A pack that contains four conversions of popular Dukematch maps for Duke Nukem 3D: 8-BALL, IODRPG13, LEDGESB1, and WARZONE.
Other notable efforts worthy of having a section write up; some were intended to be larger scale projects, but were abandoned unfinished.
Eye of the Blood
"Although there is no date included, I have had these maps in my collection for some years now. These are three excellent levels made by a player several years ago. These maps have always had my respect, & for me define what the game is all about. That is why I have chosen this as one of mt top 10 best levels, even though there are three of them, hence I have compiled them into a single episode. I have named the levels for the purpose of the unit episode I have put together. Other than that, these maps are as they were."--Krunatus
A three level long episode for Blood by Swedish mapper Christian Green, a member of Team BANZAI, who spent awhile creating the maps; maps date from fall 1997 and were first released on Game Leader, and were re-shared from The Krunatus Blood Page from August 7, 2003.
- Eyeoftbl: Journey To Hell - September 22, 1997
- Eye2: Hell and Back - September 28, 1997
- Eye3: A Sort of Homecoming - October 11, 1997
Gods, the Epic Trilogy
"Levels for Professional Blood players. 'You will make them pay, and then... you will die.' Welcome to a nice and hard bunch of levels. If you are a professional Bloodite, and have conquered all but these levels, we hope you will find a difficult, yet well balanced challenge here. All of these levels are ramped in difficulty, so that the last level is the hardest of them all. This means that if you find the first level hard, you may find the last one to be beyond your skills. These levels have been finished by us, and contain what we believed to be some of the most challenging puzzles, toughest enemies and difficult tasks to master. The amount of times you will die, is insane. If the texts are read thoroughly, and your skills at puzzle solving are good, you may find the secret level, and with it more challenges."--Official description
A famous trilogy of maps, with an additional secret level, last modified on May 11, 1998 by brothers Joel "Reactor" and Kurt "Headhunter" Blackwell. It was included in The Lost Episodes compilation. Despite being only three levels, the add-on features quite an in-depth written storyline centred around Egyptian mythology available from the website draft or in the file archive. This background detail and its notably intense difficulty made the episode quite renowned. A sequel, entitled Gods 2, was later in development for Blood II: The Chosen.
Episode One: Introduction
- GodsE1M1: Into - Joel Blackwell
Episode Two: Where Evil Resides
- GodsE2M1: Enter episode 2 code - Kurt Blackwell
- GodsE2M2: Entrance to Hell - Joel Blackwell
- GodsE2M3: The Hunt for Mokuma - Joel Blackwell
Episode Three: A God's Last Resort
- GodsE3M1: Enter episode 3 code - Kurt Blackwell
- GodsE3M2: A God's Last Resort - Joel Blackwell
Legend of Ravenloft
"The dark forests of Barovia are filled with wolves and other creatures that roam at night. Nearby are the Svalich woods, wherein Madam Eva and her troupe of gypsies have camped. Madame Eva can foretell the future for the adventurers, and only they can pass beyond the gates to escape Barovia. The village of Barovia is mostly closed, for the night belongs to Strahd and his creatures. The citizens now barricade themselves in at night and hide trembling behind closed doors. Far above the village sits Castle Ravenloft, Strahd's home. It is a fortress from which thousands of bats fly at night looking to feed. Sometimes even Strahd, the villagers fear, must fly with them. The adventurers have been led to this land. As they enter his domain a wry, twisted smile appears on the Count's face. He watches from his castle as his dark plan unfolds. He is the master of Ravenloft, and so he sends his wolves to guide these strangers to his castle....."--Official description
A well known trilogy of three maps created between February 19-September 28, 1998 by Michael Shire (aka Micho) of "The Ultimate Blood MapEdit Suite" eventually hosted by Planet Blood; he later joined the Necrosoft design team. The set is reputedly based on the Ravenloft campaign setting for Dungeons & Dragons, which featured gothic horror elements similar to Blood. The collection was also included in the Blood Chronicles volume two compilation, as well as The Best of Blood.Freeminded.De and The Lost Episodes.
Blood Slaughter Files
"Insanely good levels, by two humans who don't watch many Disney films ;-) a mini episode consisting of - Out 2 Lunch - Ahoy There Me Hearties - 2B Or Not 2B - Cradle To Grave If you realy like this level, and you don't think we're too up ourselves, and you would be intrested in purchasing an entire Add-On episode of the same quality, please E-mail us and let us know. Also, if you come across any bugs or have any comments, good or bad, about our work, same again, get in touch."--Official description
- out2lun: Out To Lunch (aka "Out 2 Lunch") - Rogue Rodent
- ahoy: Ahoy There Me Hearties - Rogue Rodent and Mister X - August 10, 1998
- 2bornot: To be or not to be? (aka "2B Or Not 2B") - Rogue Rodent and Mister X - July 27, 1998
- e1m1: Cradle To Grave - James "Shade" Wilson
The 13th Realm
"Of the many places that Caleb has had to make unwilling visits to, he had no idea he would find a place as horrific as the 13th realm. A place where God has no meaning. A place where Hell is the least painful place to end up when you die."--Story description
The 13th Realm was a project by Josh Hutchison to try and create a commercial add-on pack for the game, to be charged at around $15 dollars. It is not clear whether or not it ever was given authorization from Monolith Productions (although the site was linked to in the official Blood web pool), or even if it was intended to (see Blood#Level Packs). It was supposed to be based around more intricate puzzles and set-pieces than the original game (even comparing itself to Myst).
In the end all that was ever released was a two level sample of the game (also known as Save the Slaves, which some sources also cite Oscar "Memo2000" Alias as contributing to), which was included in the 2011 The Best of Blood.Freeminded.De compilation and the first volume of Blood Chronicles in 2004, and the project's original site was last updated on May 26, 1998. Another map attributed to him is "Titanic".
Crudox Cruo: Fresh BLOOD!
"The other map by Toby... is called 'Evil Dwells Within V1.1'. It's indeed a classic; early 1998 and probably one of, if not THE, best map of those days."--BME
A project by Tobias "Tobey" Persson (possibly the later founder of Bitsquid AB), who in the end only released two levels. Maps from the set were included in Blood Chronicles volume one and the The Best of Blood.Freeminded.De.
- Fresh1 (aka "Evil Dwells Within", included in "Krypto's Best User Maps") - January 22, 1998
- Factory (aka "Meat Factory") - March 7, 1998
An add-on project by CuRe (aka Someone) from June 20, 1999 that only released a single map demo, entitled "Burger Queen". Included in The Best of blood.freeminded.de compilation and the second episode of Blood Chronicles. He also created another map entitled "Kalitha - The Dead Mines" (ModDB), but this appears to have been a separate effort; it was also included in The Best Of, and the first episode of Chronicles.
"Caleb stands in the hall of epiphany the only evidence of Tchernobog's foul presence the spent bullet casings scattered on the floor, an emaciated man staggers out of a passage way draped in ragged clothing 'you've saved us'. Caleb empties the last of his Tommy gun’s drum into the man and turns away dropping his weapons as he heads slowly back to the ancient doors that lead out, as he reaches them a noise stops him an ominous rumbling that seems to draw towards him from all sides, the sound gathers into a scream that tears into Caleb throwing him to his knees then silence..."--Official description
After destroying Tchernobog at the Hall of the Epiphany, the power vacuum allows Caleb's soul to rise and hold him captive. Although thanking him for disposing of the dark god, it prepares to punish Caleb for every innocent victim he has slain through four trials: suffering, punishment, despair and redemption - and then hopefully become one together. These four tasks make up the modification's giant level; a map so large, it is known to offer a considerable processor challenge. It was created by RedFanatic, later co-developer of Bloody Pulp Fiction. The Plasma Pak was required.
RedFanatic's other standalone map is "Hall of the Mountian Queen".
The Phantom of Communism
"This mod so far consists of one level - Cemetery ! He describes a small town where there is forest, the pioneer camp "Sunny", the collective farm "Bright Way of Ilyich", the abandoned factory "Red Metallist" ... It's worth playing! Because this is one of the few RUSSIAN mods !!!"--Rough translation
The Evergrowing Army of the UnDead
"After being murdered for killing their leader, Tchernobog, The One That Binds, you were thrown into a grave, to sleep forever, never to be found by the living. The Cabal's cultists work day and night, in an old funeral home, outside of your grave to create zombies to help the Cabal take over what they had lost because of you, Caleb. Other creatures, such as Cultists,zombies, and butchers work in the train station, not too far from the funeral home. They have to make sure the trains and the shipments of zombies to the other parts of the Cabal, make it to their destinations on time. Trains come by several times a day to pick up the shipments of zombies, and if one thing were to go wrong, the Cultists working there would have to pay, bigtime. You are thing that will go wrong. You awaken from your slumber and stumble out of your coffin that was supposed to hold you in forever, planning to reatake the Cabal by storm, and get your rightful place back, which is leading the Cabal."--Official description
An add-on project that only ever released its first part, which re-imagines the first three retail levels: E1M1: Cradle to Grave, E1M2: Wrong Side of the Tracks, E1M3: Phantom Express. It was created by Sloth and Kozmyck Chiken. Also known as just The Army of the Undead.
- undead1: Ashes to Ashes
- undead2: Miskatonic Station
- undead3: Train of Consequences
Link: Part 1 on RTCM
"You liked the true Monolith Blood maps... You will LOVE this one!"--Joel Dubé
A three level episode by Joel Dubé developed between July 27-November 12, 2001 featuring three levels. Featured in The Lost Episodes compilation. He is also the author of the map "Cavern of Pain" and a few others (CTRY, CRYSISP, Illusion, KillKill).
- House of Horrors: "It's a huge haunted house with a lot of different environments to explore, filled with traps and kump scares."
- Lost Crypt: "A bloody adventure around and under a monastery."
- Snow Blind: Never finished.
A three level beta (version 0.9) of a project by icspam.
The Unholy Church
A five level sample of a project by Smith Philip, with only three levels being original and very rough hewn. Later versions were planned to feature vehicles, inferno canyons, deadly falls, and many traps. Finalized on August 19, 1998.
- E1m1A - E1M1: Cradle to Grave
- E1m2A - August 7, 1998 - a expansive concrete area, water basin and key locked caverns
- E1m3A - E1M3: Phantom Express
- E1m4A - August 4, 1998
- E1m5A - August 4, 1998
It's A War Out There
"One beautiful cloudy day you were sitting in your shack very, very, bored. You wished to go outside and look for something to do, but being as it is a war out there, there is a bunch of mean evil nasty things outside that wish to harm you. After a while of thinking about this situation, you come to the conclusion that the mean evil nasty things outside could be the very solution to your boredom. Sure they wish to harm you, but could you not harm them as well? An evil smile stretches across your face as you grab your shotgun and rush out the door."--Official description
It's a War Out There (shortened as AWAR) is a one-level add-on for Blood created by TOT COMICS/That one guy (aka Joe Anderson), creator of Blood Reborn, in 2011. The back-story is brief: Caleb has been hiding out in his cabin for a long time, getting increasingly bored, but weary of all the dangers that lay beyond. After all "it's a war out there". Eventually however, the protagonist decides to venture outward, figuring that all those things that seek to hurt him he can hurt in return, and thereby find his means to amuse himself. The level features cemetery, urban, library, sewer, water, and cave areas and even a laboratory with portals to both the frozen north and to a temple complex. It is here that the player meets his final challenge: two beasts that guard the exit.
"After your encounter with the zombie at the cliff, you quickly come to the conclusion that the Cabal is in the area. Since the whole reason your even near this cliff is because your so darn bored, you decide to follow the cliff in the hopes of finding the Cabals latest hideout. After an hour or so of walking you come across an old library. You immediately decide that this is a promising place to start looking and quickly proceed inside..."--Official description
The premise is continued in a second add-on, It's a War Out There 2, wherein Caleb finds an axe zombie carelessly wandering around a cliff-face, falling to its death. Caleb figures this must herald a nearby Cabal stronghold, and so he decides to check it out, again to relieve his endless boredom. First he comes across an old library, which he blasts through, before retreating down into the sewers, and again through a laboratory, finding a similar portal that leads out into a lava temple. There he has a surprise encounter with Tchernobog, whom he defeats before once again heading along his way. The introductions to both levels feature animated openings featuring Blood sprites, followed by a textual introduction. There were three versions released of the original map, and two of the second.
Bryan 3 Maps
- BSMAZE.MAP - "BRYAN,S MAZE"
- BJ4ROOMS.MAP - "BRYAN 4 ROOMS"
These mods add new assets to the game. The original Blood does not support the ability to use external content besides maps or episode INI files, as Duke Nukem 3D had with GRP files and Doom had with WADs (or Blood II had with REZ files), so this process is done via overwriting, at least temporarily, existing base assets.
The following add-ons feature replaced graphics, sounds or music.
- Legends of the Iconoclast
- Old Friend
- The Sect War
- The Carnage Continues
- Alone in the Dark
- The Way of All Flesh-Again
- Bloody Pulp Fiction
- Dark Times
- Caleb Will Have His Revenge On Toronto
- Out for Blood
- The Way of Ira
- French Meat 2
- Trauma Therapy
The difficulty in installation this method entails has lead some projects to explicitly avoid requiring this, such as Death Wish, Rage Against the Machine and French Meat. Banzai's Add-On was originally supposed to feature new graphics, but this was ultimately dropped to lower download size. Modern source ports for the game have made handling this easier than with the original executable.
There exist several weapons mods for Blood, which mostly replace the game's art assets but also makes some behavioural tweaks, all via QAV editing. The most notable is titled just "Weapons Mod", and is an effort by Diman aka NoOne of Alone in the Dark, with increasing assistance from Dzierzan. It over-rides the existing weapons with various versions from the Blood Alpha, and a few from other games. It features so many that not all of them can be used at the same time, as many reside in the same slots. The mod was included in New Alone in the Dark, the semi-official version 1.3 of Bloody Pulp Fiction, as well as a stand-alone upload.
Other mods include:
- Akimbo Shotgun from Alpha - alex256
- Speed Shotgun v1.0 - NoOne (RTCM)
- VULCAN GUN Weapon mod - NoOne , BME (RTCM)
- Modern Weapons Mod - LifeKILLED (RTCM)
Finally, Blood 2 Classic is a project to convert the weapons models from Blood II: The Chosen into sprites using the Blood palette. It has not been decided if it will be a mod for the original Blood or the BloodCM total conversion however.
- Replacement sprites can be found in the Art Section from RTCM.
- DN3D Tiles Pack (direct link) A selection of 147 of the best converted Duke3D tiles for Blood. Besides the correct brightness, the textures also have that typical smooth look Blood has.
- Cultists with proper guns (download)
- Randy Pitchfork - turns Mimes into Gearbox Software executive Randy Pitchford
- Blood (Monolith) - Christmas Mod WIP
- Doom Demons in Blood (1997) (overwrites the Gill Beast with Pinkys)
- Blood Palette Mod (Sepia Color)
- Blood Tchernobog Mod Demo
- Blood Skinless Mod
- Monolith Blood - Axe weapon
Blood Texture Pack
"IT'S ALIVE! Hello. My name is Nightsmoke aka TheNight. You can know me from bloodline.eu or blood.freeminded.de. Here you can DOWNLOAD my new texture pack for Blood. Pack contains 1368 new things including textures, sprites and animations. It is extension of original graphics. All new textures are showcased on txtstuff.map. Pack is heavily inspired by Hexen, Heretic, Quake, Shadow Warrior, Doom and many, many more old school 3D shooter games. Now you can build levels with new graphics and effects."--TheNight
A new set of textures for the game put together by TheNight, creator of Dark Times, and was released on May 13, 2018 after work began in 2015. The pack contains 1368 new files including textures, sprites and animations, and is meant as an extension of the original graphics. All new textures are showcased on txtstuff.map. The pack is "heavily inspired by Hexen, Heretic, Quake, Shadow Warrior, Doom and many, many more old school 3D shooter games".
"So , after noticing that Caleb in his player sprites always appear with a black leather jacket which covers all of his arms to the point of her hands I wondered, "how would it look if the sprites had also this leather jacket in consideration ?" So , after some hours searching I found a tool made by M210 , called BAFed (Build ART Files Editor) and started editing the sprites. Credits: - "Psyche.co.uk" , The source of the leather jacket image - "Midori Man" from the Zdoom Forums for editing the original sprite and upload a set of frames to the Zdoom Forums"--Dude27th
A mod which modifies the "TILES009" and "TILES012" art files to give Caleb's hands their appropriate trench coat shirt sleeves. Created by Dude27th based on previous work by Midori Man from the ZDoom Forums and released on October 8, 2017. Later updates also added the brim of Caleb's hat.
- Links: Transfusion Forums, Version 1.2 - ModDB, Version 1.1 - ModDB, Version 1.0 - ModDB, Version 1.1 - GameFront, BloodGDX compatible version
Blood Upscale Pack
"This is the successor to my previous upscale packs for Blood. Every sprite is new, hence the 2.0, a reboot if you will. Currently it has upscaled enemies, gibs and some level decorations. The process here is similar to that of my previously released upscale pack for Duke Nukem 3D. It supports both BuildGDX and NBlood"--phredreeke
A collection of original game assets by phredreeke put through the ESRGAN upscaler with custom anti-aliasing algorithms. It was put out on March 29, 2019. An early version of a background upscale pack was released on April 26, 2019, and the first official release was on April 1, 2020. The released version is only compatible with BloodGDX and NBlood. However phredreeke has uploaded a video of the upscale pack running on Fresh Supply.
- Links: Upscale Pack 2.07 on ModDB, Background Upscale Pack on ModDB, Fresh Supply version on ModDB, Blood.Freeminded.De (outdated version), Release Thread - Duke4 (Related), Thread - Steam Community (similar), YouTube channel, Upscale Wiki
A mod by Dzierzan adding more frames to the weapon animations.
- Links: SmoothBlood on ModDB
Individual frame upscaled version of the Blood cutscenes created by Nuked Space Marine using Topaz A.I., and subsequently packaged for Fresh Supply by The_Sphess on May 11, 2019. Not currently packaged for the original Blood nor BloodGDX or NBlood.
A high resolution texture pack for Blood by Necrobitz released as a "final beta" on Feburary 27, 2020.
- Link: ModDB
- No Songs for Caleb (direct link) Disables Caleb"s songs.
- SoundAdd (direct link) A batch script that will generate a script file and installer for sounds. Comes with a collection of some Blood 2 voices of Caleb.
- Haus's Blood Sounds - "Requires BloodGDX. This replaces many default sounds with more stylish ones. Includes weapons, explosions, footsteps, physics, doors and more. I left the Caleb, announcer and enemy voices untouched. Sadly, the audio is still low quality because I don't think the game could handle HQ sounds."
- The Voxel Pack by NoOne (aka Diman) of Alone in the Dark provides 89 new voxels for the game.
- New voxels graphics were also worked on by a user named Nil on the Transfusion Forums back in October 2007.
- VOXELADD (direct link) Reads from a script file and will then modify the appropriate files, no need for Artedit anymore. Comes with Edit'n'Play script.
- Custom voxel tutorial from BME/ILMHB's Bloody Place
Blood Voxel Pack
A comprehensive voxel conversion project by fgsfds elaborated upon since June 21, 2017.
Chillo's Blood Voxel Project
A new voxel pack for Blood by Chillo focusing particularly on replacing enemy sprites. Released on August 24, 2020.
- Link: ModDB
"Arcade Mode aims to bring the fast paced point accumulation action similar to that seen in Doom 2016 to Blood. Paint the town red and kill everything you see to increase your points and score multiplier. Level up and collect Skulls to further increase your multiplier, pickup devastating power ups and enter into a bloodlust frenzy. It's time to get your hands bloody!"--BehemothProgrammer
A mod for Fresh Supply that aims to provide a fast-paced point accumulation emphasis to Blood, inspired by the 2016 reboot of Doom. Version 1.0 was first released on October 17, 2019, followed by version 2.0 on November 8th, 2.1.1 on November 11th and finally 2.2 on November 15th.