From Blood Wiki
(Redirected from MAPEDIT)Jump to navigationJump to search
MapEdit (or MAPEDIT) is the name of the level making utility for Blood.
First released on November 15, 2020 by NoOne, E[X]TENDED MAP EDIT or XMAPEDIT is an enhanced version of the original that removes many of its lingering bugs and built in limitations as well as special features for the NBlood source port (as shown in the mod Eviction). Being derived from the original executable, it still requires DOS or a compatibility environment such as DOSBox to run. A truly modern replacement, NMapEdit, has been mooted but remains unreleased currently.
- Links: Website - BME/ILMHB's Bloody Place, Mirror - RTCM, Mirror - Internet Archive
- Threads: Thread - Transfusion Forums, Thread - ZDoom Forums, Thread - Altar of Stone, Thread - GOG.com
- The Ultimate Blood MapEdit Suite - "This is the ONE and ONLY. Most mapmakers consider this the Bible of Blood Mapping."
- Control-Z's Tutorials - Control-Z's Blood Maps
- Blood Mapedit FAQs - RTCM
- Monolith Blood Mapedit Tutorials - Nyyss0nen
- BME/ILMHB's Bloody Place - BME/ILMHB's Bloody Place (YouTube)
- Example Maps - blood.freeminded.de
- KNUKE MapEdit Tutorials
- Blood Map Editing - Josh Hutchinson
- Duke64Nukem MapEdit Tutorials
- How to make Blood Maps - Steam Community Guide
- Mapedit tutorials on YouTube - The Postmortem (defunct)