TEDE1M3: Cabal's Forest
Custom Episode: French Meat
Cabal's Forest (TEDE1M3) is the third level of the Blood fan add-on French Meat (2012). It takes place in a forested area being processed into lumber, similar to E2M2: The Lumber Mill and E4M4: Crystal Lake.
Song Track: 9 - Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (CD-Audio), cblood10 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||TBD|
|Number of Secrets|
Caleb rows into a receiving dock for a Cabal operated lumber mill, slaying a Zealot in the camp office for a moon key in order to depart out and into the woods. Destroying a legion of zombies in a recent clearing, Caleb criss-crosses some overhanging tree forts in order to unlock a saw shed. This gives him the final key in order exit the facility and ride out on a truck.
- At the Start of the level jump into the water, at the right of the building there is a hatch that can opened, swim through and up. Reward: Tommy gum, Bullets, Spray cans.
- When you are in managers office touch the painting on the wall. Reward: Box of Dynamite.
- Still in the office open the blinds on the windows and jump onto the wood pile outside and platform your way forward: Reward: Fire Armor
- When you are in the office with the Moon switch to enter the forest, touch the low metal cabinet. Reward: Invisibility.
- After entering the Spider key room go left and look at the stack of box, hit the middle box. Reward: Super Armor.
"Well now this was a very impressive venture! The opening immediately reminded me of Cryptic Passage's Boat Docks along with Boggy Creek, moving into the brown warehouses had a 'Post Mortem' feel to it along with that masterful barn/crop field level in 'Bloody Pulp Fiction' You really have to keep on your toes for this one, I constantly crouch when approaching and turning corners and I have to check both around and above me for any sudden Cultists. Moving into the forest just screamed of RATM's Forest of Shadows with all the Cultists hiding behind the numerous trees along with Dead Reckoning's Crystal Lake, what really impressed me was the divergence in paths and you could take different routes throughout. Very good touch on the waterfall section with the adjacent grey caverns, that reminded me of RATM's 'Six Feet Below' in the waterfall area. Their was a constant change of combat tactics in this one which impressed me the most, their were numerous close encounters but also distant fights with Fanatics positioned awkwardly, I really had to start saving here and think before proceeding ahead. It also becomes apparent by this stage that every time you pick up a key or hit something and double back, you will always find new Cultists have spawned in various spots so I always have to take it slow... It's a pretty tough challenge on 'Well Done' but a very balanced experience if you keep your eyes open. Going through the Forest onto that above bridge section thing was very smoothly executed and I liked how it linked back to the start when going for a key I think, that area had an 'Even Death May Die' feel to it. Also the random Zealots were amusing, they'll slaughter you instantly if you don't twitch react."--Krypto