The Doom engine is an 3D first person engine developed by former id Software programmer John Carmack for Doom. It was used in the fan made: Blood TC. It is free software under the Doom Source License and later the GNU General Public License.
ZDoom is the engine used by the fan made ZBlood. It is a modified version of the Doom engine made to include Build and Quake engine like effects. The Doom engine-based Blood TC project switched to ZDoom and started ZBlood because ZDoom is a lot closer to the Build engine used in Blood. ZBlood can be used by all ZDoom compatible Doom source ports.
ZDoom is also able to be ran with the Blood.exe which puts the Blood Bath announcer into Doom. ZDoom can also run Blood's maps and art files using the same method, but a lot of the BUILD effects do not work.
EDGE, another engine based on the Doom engine, is being used to create the fan made HYPERTENSION.
The following are either Blood content or modified Blood content converted to the Doom engine palette. Feel free to add more.
- (Sounds, Graphics, Music, Voxels) Blood Resource Archive - ZDoom forums
- Custom Blood Sprite/Weapon/Texture thread
- Various Blood sprites - ZDoom forums
- Caleb Sound Pack - ZDoom forums
- Spider from Blood sprite clean-up please- ZDoom forums
- Centered Tommygun - ZDoom forums
- Blood Alpha's Sawed Off - ZDoom forums
- Blood Custom Resources - ZDoom forums
- SlapTheFish's Treasure Chest of Crap!
- Lord Smash's one-stop cheap weapons shop
- The_Funktasm's HackJob HQ
- teef's hunk of shit (big packs n' single sprites)
- Life Leech redone
- Grey pitchfork
- Frozen Caleb
- Modified Hell Hound
- Need Blood 2 The Chosen models converted - ZDoom forums
- (Texture) Blood 2 Resources
- Blood shotgun handed
- Caleb handed rifle
- Caleb handed assault rifle
- Caleb handed AK47
- M1A1 Thompson. Re-handed. and Enhanced
- Reversed cultist sounds
- Blood (2) Models?
- Blood Alpha sawedoff
- Blood Styled Palette