E2M3: Rest for the Wicked
Episode 2: Even Death May Die
Song Track: 5 - Infuscomus (CD-Audio), cblood5 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||49|
|Number of Secrets|
"Find your way through hedge maze (no, I'm not going to help you), taking note of the location of the Skull and Moon key doors, until you find the brick structure. Walk past it, and you'll soon find another brick structure. Open the door and kill the fat zombie to get the Skull key. Find your way back to the Skull key door, and open it. You'll find an area with a swimming pool over to your right. When you enter that area, turn right, and go through the door. To your right you'll see a not-so-hot tub. Find the button on the side of it, and push it. Jump in the hot tub and collect the Moon key. Opposite the way you came in, you'll find a Moon key door. Go through it and you'll find yourself outside the building where you got the Skull key. Follow the hedge maze back to your starting point, and go through that Moon Key door. Turn to your right, walk all the way down, and push the symbol to end the level."
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Dynamite Bundle
- Proximity Detonator
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Voodoo Doll
- There is a brick wall with two stairs leading up and two switches. Turn left and you should see a different coloured hedge. Reward: Body Armour
- There is a Bloated Butcher inside the circular structure with the key. This structure has a hole in the ceiling. Either use Jump Boots or jump on the zombie to reach it (watch out for the spiders). Reward: Proximity Detonators
- Near the building mentioned above is a garden shed full of zombies. Press the left wall. Reward: Doctor's Bag
- In the courtyard is a shovel near the house. Push the shovel and the hedge in front of you will open up. Destroy the statue for the secret. Reward: Death mask/Invincibility
- Jump into the swimming pool, using the diving board. Turn around in the water, and you will see a small niche open up. Reward: Life Seed
See also: References in Blood
- In the shower room in this level, if you look carefully you can see a sign that says:"Caution Do not drop the soap".
- The first level of The Nightmare Levels expansion pack for Blood II: The Chosen is based on this level, complete with a hedge maze.
- At the end of this level there appears to be a Cloak of Shadow through the lit window of The Overlooked Hotel.
- The Blood Team released Weekly Blood Development Updates on the 3D Realms website, and said this about this level:
- Update: 11/18/96: Rest for the Wicked is a winter-bound resort where Tchernobog's minions can be found enjoying some R&R.