E5M2: Old Opera House
Episode 5: Cryptic Passage
"Making your way into a nearby village, you enter an old opera house, but the shows being put on here are anything but good family entertainment. Use caution, as the dark shadows of this ancient theatre can hold many horrific secrets." (From the Cryptic Passage README.TXT)
Song Track: 2 - Pestis Cruento (CD-Audio) pestis (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||69|
|Number of Secrets|
 Enemies Present
- Axe Zombie
- Bloated Butcher
- Bone Eel
- Gill Beast
- Red Spider
- Green Spider
- Mother Spider
' - max number of enemies varies due to Mother Spider's spawning ability
 Weapons Available
- On the right side of the opera house, there is a door (which requires a key) at the end. Enter this door and enter the wooden door located before the stairs. In the right corner there are two shelves. Push the left shelf. Reward: Doctor´s Bag, Cloak of Invisibility. (NOTE: This secret doesn´t increase the secret´s count, possibly due to a bug, so your best bet will be 3/4 secrets at level stats)
- On the upper floor of the opera house, there is a poster of a unicorn between two candles. This poster is an illusion, walk into it. Reward: Life seed
- In the Dressing Room, open the cabinet, and push the wall behind the clothes. Reward: box of shells, drum of bullets
- In the room with the Dagger Key, play the piano. The bookshelves behind you will spin around. Reward: nothing.
 Fun Stuff
See also: References in Blood
- The marquee on the opera house reads The Phantasm of the Opera. This is a reference to the book-cum-musical The Phantom of the Opera.
- If you try to use the piano near the entrance of the Opera house, Caleb will utter "Don't play it again, Sam" - a play on the title of the movie Play It Again, Sam (1972).
- The small café opposite the Opera House offers on the blackboard menu 'Worm Ridden Filth'. This is what Han Solo calls Jabba The Hutt in Return of the Jedi (1983). The price is $6.66, the number of the Beast in the Book of Revelations, as famously referenced in The Omen (1976).