A Super Secret is a feature in the game play of Blood. In each level, there are secret areas that usually contain power-ups or ammo. But in several levels there are Super Secrets, which are difficult to detect and difficult to reach. Some are nearly impossible to reach without cheating, and others and just plain undetectable unless the player is lucky. However, these super secrets often yield great rewards. For example, the Super Secret in E1M1: Cradle to Grave yields a Napalm Launcher, a weapon that otherwise cannot be found until three levels later.
Super Secrets in Blood
Super Secrets can be found in the following levels:
- E1M1: Cradle to Grave - a fake wall that blends perfectly with the surrounding textures conceals an alcove with a Napalm Launcher. It is placed way too high for the player to jump, thus requiring a boost (by using a cultist or a well-placed dynamite explosion).
- E1M3: Phantom Express - a tiny invisible ledge on the outer wall of the second carriage. A secret door leads to a small room with various items.
- E1M5: Hallowed Grounds - a damaging ledge near the level's end conceals a small chamber with some items and a device that appears to be the source of the chanting heard throughout the level.
- E1M6: The Great Temple - a narrow fake "cloud" ledge leads to a small room that contains all weapons, items and power-ups from the shareware episode.
- E2M5: The Haunting - indicated only by an ambient sound clue, an invisible teleport trigger takes the player to a room with various items.
- E3M1: Ghost Town - the top of a ruined elevator shaft concels a secret spider nest and a Life Seed.
- E6M1: Welcome To Your Life - a small secret niche behind a plain wall contains a Life Leech, but it requires some tricky jumping to reach.
- E6M5: The Ruined Temple - another secret alcove behind a plain wall.